Becoming a father for the first time can be a unbelievable experience, but it can also be a time of great stress and worry for a new father. You may begin to doubt your abilities as a father, are you doing the best you can, can I be a good father to my baby? Family finances and health can always lead to stress and worry. So here are a few typical factors that cause a father to worry, and how to deal with them.
General Farther Worries
- Your partner has become unavailable to you. Either on an emotional, physical or sexual level
- You believe you are strong enough to handle your own worries
- Few friends outside your family that you may feel comfortable talking to about your problems
- You feel that parenthood is not for you.
- Talk to your partner about your feelings and concerns
- Try and get involved in raising your baby as much as possible and as soon as possible.
- Talk to other fathers about your concerns and experiences
What your partner can do
- Talk to him about his feelings and concerns
- Let him spend time alone with him/her
- Let him bath and change the baby
- Make time for the two of you to spend quality time together