Tummy Time ActivitiesHere are some ideas for some tummy time activities:
- Join in the fun! – Get down on the ground and join in the action. You can also have an older sibling get down on the floor with the baby. Lay down on your tummy facing the baby and make funny faces or silly noises. Try to encourage them to lift up their head and look at you.
- Invest in a floor gym or mat – See if you can find a good floor mat that has bright colors or interesting things for the baby to look at. Something that dangles down with lights or music will help the baby to look up and build those neck muscles.
- Place toys within reach – Find some rattles or musical toys and place them just within reach. Encourage your baby to reach for them or look up for them. Mirrors work great too since baby’s love to look at themselves. Prop them up – Once your baby has had some practice and his/her neck muscles are able to support their head, you can try propping them up on a pillow or rolled up towel/blanket. Place the support under their chest and have their arms out in front. This will help give them a better view and it might be a bit more comfortable for them.
- Lay down on your back and have the baby lie down on your tummy. Sing a song or make some silly faces to help distract them from their worries.
- Play a game of airplane. Carefully rest the baby on your legs while you lay on your back and gently move them around like an airplane
- Give them a massage. Lay them over your lap on their tummies and give them a nice back massage
Please note: The information provided on this website is not intended to and do not constitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.