How big is your baby?
Your baby will be weighing in at around 3.288kg (7.25 pounds) and measuring 50.7cm (19.96 inches).
How big are you?
Your uterus now sits about 16-20cm above your bellybutton and about 36-40cm above your pubic symphysis.
How is your baby developing and growing
- Your baby will continue to gain weight although it has slowed down.
- All the organ systems are now in place and capable of functioning on their own.
If you are going to be breastfeeding your baby, you may be concerned about your nutrition levels and what is best for you to eat. You may be advised to eat an extra 500 calories per day, as on average a breastfeeding mother usually secretes about 425 to 700 calories into her beast milk everyday.
The extra calories can be gained from eating the following:
- Bread/cereal/past/rice 9 servings/day
- Milk/cheese/dairy 3 servings/day
- Fruits 4 servings/day
- Vegetables 5 servings/day
You will also want to avoid foods that can cause gas, such as broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower and spicy foods.
Tell Us About Your Baby
Remember that you can tell us about your baby and you can receive a week by week update as to how your baby is growing and developing. This includes information and articles on:
- Baby development & milestones
- Nutritional requirements & feeding
- Sleeping patterns
- Caring for and teaching your baby
To give us your information about baby, click here.