- nonstick cooking spray as needed
- 4 medium chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, and cut into 1″ strips*
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomatoes, cut up**
- 1 cup low-sodium chili sauce
- 1-1/2 cups green peppers, chopped (1 large)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1.Spray a deep skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat. 2.Cook chicken in hot skillet, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Reduce heat. 3.Add tomatoes and their juice, low-sodium chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. 4.Serve over hot cooked rice or whole wheat pasta. * You can substitute 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips. ** To cut back on sodium, try low sodium canned tomatoes.
Please note: The information provided on this website is not intended to and do not constitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.