Your Baby Development: 9 Weeks OldHow big is your baby? This week your baby will be weighing around 10 1/2 pounds and measuring 22 inches if he/she was of average size at birth. baby should be sleeping or feeding in more regular patterns now, and may even be sleeping through at night. Baby is now becoming more and more responsive. He/She may smile in reaction to seeing someone, or simply just for pleasure. You may also notice tha he/she anticipates feeding and starts sucking when he/she sees the breast or bottle. Baby’s reflexive actions may begin to fade now and become more voluntary. Arm and leg movement are becoming less jerky and more rhythmical. He/She may begin to make creeping movements on his/her tummy, or roll from his/her back to his/her side, or maybe all the way onto his/her back.
Baby Development Milestones This Week
- May sleep through the night
- Can hold object for a few seconds
- Body tone improves
- Walking reflex disappears
- Coordinates eye movement in circle when watching object or light
- Sucks at the sight of the breast or bottle, and squirms in anticipation
- Smiles easily and spontaneously
- Begins to enjoy bath time
- May laugh and chuckle
- Quiets when held or sees faces or hears voices
- Prefers to watch person than object
Please note: The information provided on this website is not intended to and do not constitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.