How big is your baby?
Your baby will be weighing in at around 6.30 pounds (2.859kg) and measuring 19.13 inches (48.6cm).
How big are you?
Your uterus now sits about 6.2-6.69 inches (16-17cm) above your bellybutton andabout 14.56 inches (37cm) above your pubic symphysis.
Your total weight gain should be about 24.9-35.05 pounds (11.3-15.9kg) by this week.
How is your baby developing and growing
- Your baby is building up it’s strength with each day that passes.
- At this stage not all your baby’s bones have ossified and this is an advantage toboth you and your baby as it means that he/she will be more flexible during birth.
- If a light was to shine onto your belly he/she will automatically turn towards light.
- From the end of this week, your baby’s growth rate will slow right down.
85% of all babies are born within 2 weeks of their due dates – either early or late.You will be entering this period next week, but now would be a good time to begingetting familiar with the signs and symptoms of labor as well as the different stages of labor.
Of course I can almost guarantee that by this stage you may almost be willing laborto come. By now you will be a fair size and will be finding it difficult to do anything.There are a some natural ways which you can induce labor – help bring labor on a little quicker – and there are alsosome old wives tales as well.
Visit our Media Center for pictures of your growing baby
Tell Us About Your Baby
Remember that you can tell us about your baby and you can receive a week by weekupdate as to how your baby is growing and developing post pregnancy. This includesinformation and articles on:
- Baby development & milestones
- Nutritional requirements & feeding
- Sleeping patterns
- Caring for and teaching your baby
- And so much more
To give us your information about baby, click here.