Roasted Vegitable Panini
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minute
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 cups pre-cut vegetables (such as sliced zucchini, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices Italian sandwich bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400° F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Place vegetables and garlic in dish. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Roast vegetables uncovered until tender, about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon vegetable mixture on four bread slices. Top with mozzarella slices and four remaining bread slices.
Coat a sandwich grill or skillet with nonstick cooking spray. If you are using a skillet, cook sandwich for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned. Serve hot.